Sunday, March 8, 2015

Seizures 3/9/15

Hello everyone. Just wanted to update everyone on what's going on. 

For the past week Raelin has about an average 4-8 seizures a day. Very scary for us. For those who don't know, when Raelin has a seizure or what I call an episode, she tends to hold her breath (hints the oxygen) and will turn blue/purple at times. Eric and I are not sure on what more we can do for her. All her doctors are saying that we are doing the right things here at home. But part of me still thinks there is more we could do. It breaks my heart for our sweet little girl go through this. She loses all contact with us and is like a "zombie". Then when she does come back she is very confused and gets upset. She doesn't want to be touched or bothered. Then she will fall asleep. Doctors say these are normal for epileptic  people. But again it kills Eric and I. Please keep our sweet girl in your prayers and that we will get an answer to why this is. And that she will get the correct dosage to ease this pain.

Tessa is confused and very bothered when she witnesses these episodes with her sister. And as parents, this adds another pain for her.

i just keep telling myself that God blessed us with our sweet child for a reason and that this will all pass. It's just getting there that is the struggle. 


-Lord, at the moment nothing seems to be able to help the loss I feel.

My heart is broken and my spirit mourns.

All I know is that Your grace is sufficient.

This day, this hour

Moment by moment

I choose to lean on You,

For when I am at my weakest Your strength is strongest.

I pour out my grief to You

And praise You that on one glorious day

When all suffering is extinguished and love has conquered

We shall walk together again.

 

(a modern prayer for strength from www.lords-prayer-words.com)

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how much as a parents heart it must hurt in these times. Will continue to pray for Strength and Grace. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how much as a parents heart it must hurt in these times. Will continue to pray for Strength and Grace. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying prayers every day for you all and my heart is full of love for each of you. Your doing a wonderful job for both your girls and having Eric being the support he is makes your family very blessed . I know this journey isn't an easy one but God will lead you as long as your willing to follow and you are doing it amazingly . Hugs to your babies and most of all to you sweet girl .

    ReplyDelete